When creating a board portal, the question arises of the choice of protection tools that ensure the reduction of information security risks identified during the analysis without excessive costs for the implementation and support of these tools.
The Best Board Portal Efficiency Indicators
An important indicator of board portal efficiency is the constant updating of user documentation and user training programs, documenting all important functions and rules for working with data related to the use of “your” system. By maintaining up-to-date documentation and training programs, all new users of the system will be able to achieve productivity much faster.
The board portal administrator is responsible for all technical aspects of operating and maintaining the system and its end users. This employee usually implements the solutions made by the systems analyst, but also helps him to better understand the technical limitations of these decisions and define board portal efficiency indicators:
- Understanding the technology of the system. A deep understanding of the system at the level of operating technologies is a prerequisite for making changes, managing users and data. This employee must attend the required training courses for the system administrator.
- Relational databases and SQL queries. Basic necessary knowledge of how SQL Server or Oracle works, depending on the platform used, as well as how SQL queries are built.
- Boardroom team structure – understanding which tables are used in the system and where which data is stored.
- Relationship between boardroom members – how they are related to each other based on a key identifier.
- Joins – how board members are joined directly or through secondary tables.
- Synchronization – the required level of understanding of data synchronization tools in the system.
The Description of the Board Portal Efficiency Indicators
For board portal members who use packages only from time to time, when it is necessary to plan a small complex of works, the more important is the ease of use and speed of obtaining the result. It is difficult to expect a serious investment of time and effort from such users to master and keep in memory any specific functions of scheduling or optimization of schedules. Note also that both types of users can usually be found in large organizations. And that means the task for such organizations is not to standardize on any one package but to select the optimal combination of packages that allow data exchange.
There are many other indicators of board portal efficiency:
- Tools for establishing logical links between tasks Multi-level project presentation Support for project calendar, support for resource calendars.
- A means of maintaining information about resources and costs for a project and assigning resources and costs to individual project activities.
- Maintaining a list of available resources, the ability to set the normal and maximum resource volumes.
- Support for resources with a fixed cost and resources, the cost of which depends on the duration of their use.
- Resource planning (allocation of overloaded resources and tasks using them, automatic/command alignment of resource load profiles.
- Means for tracking the status of project tasks (fixing the project schedule plan, means for entering the actual indicators of the status of tasks (percentage of completion).
- Controls over the actual use of resources (budget amount and cost of a resource, actual amount and cost of a resource, amount and cost of resources required to complete the work).
- Graphic tools for representing the structure of the project, tools for creating various reports on the project.